In part one of our two-part interview, Kristy Grant-Hart, CEO, Spark Compliance Consulting, shares her perspective on starting and/or growing a career in compliance, as related in her recent book, How To Have a Wildly Successful Career in Compliance (available here).In this interview, Kristy addresses:
1. Why did she decide to write this book?
2. Is technology is replacing traditional labor, and is there a possibility that we might see a slow-down in what’s clearly been a growing compliance workforce and often a hiring spree?
3. What is a wildly successful career in compliance?
4. Different areas that people can have for a career in the compliance field, outside of corporate or healthcare compliance.
5. Are people moving more across the org chart in their careers, or up, or both?
6. What can someone do to raise their profile in compliance, and why does it matter to do so?
7. Are conferences important for career development, and if so, how does one choose where to attend and/or speak, and who is expected to finance registration, travel, etc?