1111 North Capitol St NE
Washington, DC 20002
From the Program:
From white-collar crime to industry thought leader: Lessons from a journey to rebuild reputation.
In 2009, Richard Bistrong, an international sales executive in the defense industry, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to pay bribes, illegally exporting goods without authorization and falsifying books and records. After a 14-month prison sentence and a five-year stint as an FBI informant, Bistrong was released and ready to rebuild his reputation—but how could he do it? Bistrong, now an FCPA, ethics and anti-bribery consultant, joins Deirdre Breakenridge, chief executive of Pure Performance Communications, to share his reputation’s remarkable transformation. PR pros will learn how to pivot clients and executives from difficult past actions to bright futures in a world of hypertransparency.
In this session, you’ll learn:
- How to develop messages and talking points for hostile reporters and unfriendly audiences
- Social media tactics to create meaningful content that can rebuild reputations.
- How educating others about making ethical decisions can make you a respected industry professional.
- The art of developing and deploying compelling narratives with examples and sound bites.
- How to widen executives’ perspectives and help them become leaders who can offer new voices and angles to popular fields and trends that are already full of resources.
The full event site can be found here: