In this ten-minute video interview, Frank Brown, Anti-Corruption Program Team Leader for the Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE), addresses the value of collective compliance solutions in emerging markets, as part of how leadership can “counter the corrupt narrative.” In this interview (part II or II), Frank also addresses:
- What are the political reasons why foreign leadership might embrace international anti-bribery norms?
- How western multinationals can better identify third parties in emerging markets that take anti-bribery laws seriously.
- How small to mid-sized companies in emerging markets can organize the compliance function.
- The value of collective compliance solutions in emerging markets.
- How collective action can raise the “water level” of compliance efforts in emerging markets to a serious critical mass.