The Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA) conference brings together PR professionals from across Florida to hear from world-class speakers hailing from top global corporations, powerhouse industries and national public relations and marketing firms. From golfing to fire pit gatherings, decadent chocolate breaks and more, conference attendees are also able to connect and unwind with their professional peers representing industries such as government, healthcare, technology, tourism, public utilities, law enforcement, finance, education, nonprofit and agencies. In addition, our conference provides several exciting platforms for PR professionals to be recognized for their good works and accomplishments. Whether that comes in the form of receiving a Golden Image Award or being recognized for earning the APR and/or CPRC credentials.
On Tuesday, August 7th at 11:30 – 12:30 p.m, in a session, titled “Rebuilding Your Reputation: From White Collar Crime to Industry Thought Leader,” Deirdre Breakenridge and I will lead this year’s Fireside Chat in an interview-based conversation. We’ll hear how I went from prison to blogger, to a global consultant, thanks largely to PR. This is the story of two people who connected under unique conditions and formed an early partnership that’s taught them both about the value of a strong communications plan in this complicated world. The full event site can be found here.
Be a part of the premiere compliance event for pharmaceutical and medical device professionals at the 19th Annual PCF Compliance Congress. Join pharma and device compliance professionals, in-house counsel, regulators, prosecutors, attorneys and industry consultants to share ideas for ways to cultivate a culture of compliance with the highest integrity to enable access to better care and outcomes for patients. This forum is ideal for both compliance professionals and in-house counsel new to developing a compliance program and experienced professionals and counsel continuing to evolve their programs to best suit their organization’s needs to address new challenges.
On Wednesday, November 7th, 2018, I will engage in a ‘fireside chat’ with Hogan Lovells Partner Lillian Hardy on “The Hidden Risks Your Risk Assessment Might Miss.” In our discussion, we will cover:
* Does everyone on the front-lines of business appreciate that innocent third-party relationships can turn inappropriate and illegal over time?
* Does your organization understand the fluid nature of anti-corruption risk and appreciate that risk evolves over the life of a relationship with a channel partner?
* Is everyone in your organization an ‘ethics and integrity ambassador’ and looking at the atmospherics of transactions as beyond a computer dashboard and data set?
* Do you have all the risk assessment and monitoring tools you need to gauge third-party risk, understand compliance gaps, and educate your workforce as to how poor decisions can impact the entire organization?
* Does your workforce appreciate that what they don’t know about their third parties can put everyone in harm’s way and that ‘due-diligence’ light is no longer an acceptable practice?
The event site can be found here.