Learn from top compliance and ethics professionals and build your professional network at this conference dedicated to learning about the challenges facing the global compliance & ethics community. This is the place to find out about the latest solutions to your compliance and ethics issues, including anti-corruption, data protection, and risk management. I will be moderating two sessions:
On Monday, March 16th:
When Change Must Succeed: What Can We Learn from Journeys from Shame to Change with Thomas Meiers, Chief Coordinator Volkswagen Group Monitorship, Volkswagen AG
- In today’s hyper-transparent world, bad news travels fast, and on a global basis, for individuals and multinationals.
- When ‘things go wrong’ what are some of the initial options that people and organizations face when confronted with such adverse new
- When bad news occurs, what are the mandates and commitments needed to demonstrate to both internal and external stakeholders that the commitment to change is about real, systemic, and sustainable transformation and not an ethical spinning solution?
- Looking at the individual experience of Richard Bistrong, and the collective journey of Volkswagen, as shared by Thomas Meiers, the Head of the Central Coordination Monitor of VW, participate in a very real-world discussion around lessons-learned.
On Tuesday, March 17th:
The Challenges of Cross-Border Investigations in a Data-Privacy World with Patrik Borjesson, Head of Investigation, Volvo Cars and Helge Kvamme, CEO and Founder, Kvamme Associates AS
- In a world that is embracing data-privacy, how can investigators conduct robust and fair internal investigations, respecting the privacy and privacy laws of individuals and countries, while at the same time meeting their obligations to identify and address potential wrongdoing?
- In addition to data-privacy laws, such as the recent enactment of the GDPR, what about local employment law regulations, including co-determination by local employee representations, and workers-counsel rights that can be legally asserted.
- In this session, complex issues will be discussed with two seasoned practitioners in global investigations that will be interviewed by Richard Bistrong, himself subject to an internal investigation a decade ago. From both sides of the issue, this promises to be an engaging and interactive discussion on very real-world challenges.
The full event site can be found here.