The Conference Board of Canada will host the National Corporate Ethics and Integrity Summit, in Toronto Canada, which will examine the latest developments in ethics and compliance. It will bring together corporate leaders and ethics practitioners to provide them with the insights and tools they need to drive business success.
On April, 10th, 2018, I will address a plenary session on a “Journey to the Dark Side of International Business and Steps to Protect Your Organization.” The full event site can be found here.
At the 12th International Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Compliance Congress in Vienna, I will engage in a ‘fireside chat’ with Paul Hastings Partner, Gary Giampetruzzi, where we will address the following issues in a keynote presentation, Behind the Bribe: Multiple World Perspectives on How Foreign Bribery Occurs.”
- Does your compliance function really understand the risks that front-line business teams face?
- Does your organization understand the fluid nature of anti-corruption risk and appreciate the dangers of “vetting and forgetting?”
- Is everyone in your organization vested in deeds and not just words in anti-corruption compliance?
- Do you have all the risk assessment and monitoring tools you need to gauge risk, understand compliance gaps, and educate your workforce as to how poor decisions can impact the entire organization?
On May 21, 2018, at Compliance Week 2018, I will moderate a panel, “Breaking Down Communication Barriers.” This panel will address how compliance leaders can get others in the organization, both those in leadership positions as well as on the frontline, to understand that ethics & compliance is everyone’s business? In this session, we’ll look at ways compliance leaders can better communicate and express themselves to ensure their messages are understandable and compact, while enduringly powerful. I will be joined by panelists, Jill Mason, Chief Compliance Officer – Orthofix, Catherine Muldoon, Chief Legal Officer – BDP International, and Seth Rice, Assistant General Counsel and Director, Office of Ethics and Compliance – Kennametal Corporation. The full registration site can be found here.
On May 30th, 2018 at the CBI Pharmaceutical Compliance Congress, Latin America, in Panama City, I will give the opening keynote address:
A Journey to the Dark Side of International Business and Steps to Protect Your Organization, where I will address:
- Is your compliance program calibrated to the real-world behavioral risk which front-line personnel face in their work?
- Does a risk-based compliance program miss real-world risk?
- How can business leaders be inspired to become compliance champions?
The full event site can be found here.