On September 29-October 2, 2018, nearly 2,000 corporate directors will gather for the 2018 Global Board Leaders’ Summit in Washington, D.C.
The National Association of Corporate Directors’ (NACD) Global Board Leaders’ Summit is the largest and most important director forum in the world, where the greatest minds in governance convene to take on the largest issues facing today’s boardrooms and collectively discover the future of exemplary board leadership. Whether you are looking to learn more about emerging technologies and how they may impact your business, get a glimpse at what’s on the regulatory agenda for the coming year, or land your next board seat, the Summit has your most pressing corporate-governance concerns covered.
Convening nearly 2,000 corporate executives and board members, the Summit brings together the best and the brightest—cutting-edge thought leaders and industry experts—for four days of dialogue, interactive workshops, and unprecedented networking opportunities.
On Monday, October 1st, 2018, I will lead a Master-Class, called “Behind The Bribe, In Conversation with Richard Bistrong.” As stated in the program, “Does your compliance function understand and appreciate the real-world commercial risks that front-line business teams face? In this interactive, Master Class level talk, CEO, Front-Line Anti-Bribery LLC and former FCPA violator Richard Bistrong shares his front-line experience and lessons as an international sales VP who broke the rules. The conversation will focus on board-level actionable and practical insights for those who oversee companies that work in high-risk environments. The full event site can be found here.
Be a part of the premiere compliance event for pharmaceutical and medical device professionals at the 19th Annual PCF Compliance Congress. Join pharma and device compliance professionals, in-house counsel, regulators, prosecutors, attorneys and industry consultants to share ideas for ways to cultivate a culture of compliance with the highest integrity to enable access to better care and outcomes for patients. This forum is ideal for both compliance professionals and in-house counsel new to developing a compliance program and experienced professionals and counsel continuing to evolve their programs to best suit their organization’s needs to address new challenges.
On Wednesday, November 7th, 2018, I will engage in a ‘fireside chat’ with Hogan Lovells Partner Lillian Hardy on “The Hidden Risks Your Risk Assessment Might Miss.” In our discussion, we will cover:
* Does everyone on the front-lines of business appreciate that innocent third-party relationships can turn inappropriate and illegal over time?
* Does your organization understand the fluid nature of anti-corruption risk and appreciate that risk evolves over the life of a relationship with a channel partner?
* Is everyone in your organization an ‘ethics and integrity ambassador’ and looking at the atmospherics of transactions as beyond a computer dashboard and data set?
* Do you have all the risk assessment and monitoring tools you need to gauge third-party risk, understand compliance gaps, and educate your workforce as to how poor decisions can impact the entire organization?
* Does your workforce appreciate that what they don’t know about their third parties can put everyone in harm’s way and that ‘due-diligence’ light is no longer an acceptable practice?
The event site can be found here.
Acknowledged by senior offshore practitioners around the globe as the essential event for Compliance Officers, Senior Managers, Directors and AML professionals, this symposium offers a valuable opportunity to reflect upon the challenges faced by industry. It also equips delegates with enhanced awareness of the key risks in compliance and the fight against financial crime. The symposium will attract financial services professionals from around Europe and aims to host over 200 delegates and will be conducted in English. I will be giving the opening keynote titled:
Behind the Bribe: A Journey to the Dark Side of International Business and Steps to Protect Your Organization.
- Does your compliance function understand and appreciate the real-world commercial risks that front-line business teams face?
- Do the the side effects of your commercial objectives and reward systems align with your goals of ethics and integrity?
- When your forward-based teams feel tension between the ‘pressure to succeed,’ and the ‘pressure to comply,’ do they feel comfortable unpacking those dilemmas as a team with their managers, or do they take compliance and ethics into their own hands and make decisions on the fly?
- Is everyone in your organization vested in deeds and not just words in anti-corruption compliance?
For the complete website, please link here.