In this video interview, Barry Vitou (www.thebriberyact.com), Partner, Pinsent Masons, and head of their Global Corporate Crime Team, addresses:
- His initial interest in global anti-corruption issues.
- The role and mandate of the SFO and NCA.
- Differences, as well as similarities, in the structure and enforcement of the FCPA and The Bribery Act.
- The current regime of DPA’s and incentives.
- What are the hallmarks of the current program?
- What’s the discount value of self-disclosure?
- What are the benefits and liabilities of self-disclosure: Does it make sense?
- Should the cost of an internal investigation be factored into the decision to self-disclose?
- Is the current discount program sufficient enough to promote self-disclosure?
- Is the SFO revisiting the issue of DPA’s and incentives?
- What about Section 7, the “Failure to Prevent,” how does the SFO analyze a compliance program?
- Finally, Barry addresses his blog, www.thebriberyact.com. How did he end up with that URL before the regulators?
Barry can be reached at [email protected]