In part one of a two part interview, Joe Spinelli, Senior Managing Director, Kroll, addresses the recent Kroll-Ethisphere Anti-Bribery and Corruption Benchmarking Report. In this interview Joe focuses on:
- The need and value of internal compliance committees with subject matter experts to support the Chief Compliance Officer.
- The importance and necessity of having the compliance function as a shared function across the organization.
- How Boards and C-Suites are now getting more engaged on anti-corruption issues, and why that’s critical to an organization.
- How third parties remain the Achilles heel of a compliance program, and how organizations need to avoid ‘due-diligence lite’ when risk-ranking their third party exposure.
- How organizations need to understand and embrace that when it comes to third parties ‘what you don’t know is what can hurt you.’
- The growing role of the CFO in a compliance program with the support of finance and internal audit.