On Wednesday October 18th at 8:15 AM., I am pleased to give the keynote address at the CBI Life Sciences Compliance Congress West. My keynote panel, A Journey to the Dark Side of International Business and Steps to Protect Your Organization will address:
- Is your compliance program calibrated to the real-world behavioral risk, which front-line personnel face in their work?
- Does a risk based compliance program miss real-world risk?
- How can business leaders be inspired to become compliance champions?
The full event site can be found here.
On November 3rd 2017, at the SCCE Dallas Regional Compliance and Ethics Conference, I will have a ‘fireside chat’ with S. Joy Dowdle, Partner, Litigation Department Paul Hastings LLP on ‘A Journey to the Dark Side of International Business – Leveraging Front Line Experience to Protect Your Organization and Embed Compliance and Ethics.’ In our discusssion, we will address issues to:
- Ensuring your Compliance function understands the risks and pressures faced by the front-line business teams
- Recognizing the uid nature of corruption risk (and the pitfalls of overreliance on risk assessments and compliance audits)
- Vesting in deeds (v. words) – practical mechanisms for ensuring your business is bought into compliance efforts and inspiring them to be ambassadors for compliance and ethics
- Calibrating your compliance efforts to ‘what actually happens’ in the eld – especially in local cultures traditionally presenting compliance risks
I hope you will join us and the full event site can be found here.
On November 13th and 14th, 2017, I am looking forward to attending, and presenting, at Compliance Week Europe, the premier European conference for compliance, risk and ethics officers. On November 13th I will moderate a keynote panel, “How to Engage Business Leadership on Compliance Challenges,” with Cynthia Cetani, Head, Compliance Operations Excellence, Corporate Integrity & Compliance, Novartis International AG and Lucille Dolor, Head of Business Ethics and Governance, Spectris plc. The full event site can be found here.