CBI’s 3rd annual Compliance Congress for Specialty Products is the life science industry’s only meeting catered to the unique compliance challenges for specialty pharmaceutical companies. Gain insights from key stakeholders through real-world case studies, vibrant panel discussions, and educational workshops on the future of specialty risk mitigation. While specialty products are immensely valuable to patients, they also bring unprecedented risks. A comprehensive compliance program is essential to correctly assessing HCP engagement, patient assistance, pharmacy distribution and more. This conference focuses on the highest priority risks that specialty compliance programs are tackling. On day two, I will give a keynote presentation, A Journey to the Dark Side of International Business and Steps to Protect Your Organization. The event site can be found here,
From the program:
Join Dow Jones Risk & Compliance and MetricStream for a webinar examining current themes in anti-corruption program implementation and indicators of emerging issues. Moderated by French Caldwell, Chief Evangelist, MetricStream, the discussion will stem from results of a recent anti-corruption and bribery survey conducted by Dow Jones, with commentary and analysis on key findings from Richard Bistrong, CEO, Front-Line Anti-Bribery, LLC, and former FCPA violator, FBI/UK cooperator, and Jim Lord, CEO and General Counsel for Compliance Strategies International, LLC, and former DOJ prosecutor.
- The perception that a robust anti-corruption program could pose a commercial disadvantage
- Today’s due diligence challenges — assessing information to ascertain risk and how to do it effectively
- Implementing an event driven or risk-based approach to due diligence – can you simply vet and forget?
The registration site can be found here.
Today’s global business environment means having the right team in place to recognize and act on opportunities and mitigate risks, ensuring commercial success and increasing profit margins. Learn how to build your team, act on the latest trends, technology and policies, and plan your future in global markets at the “Your Future in Global Markets 2017 International Business Conference,” presented by FITT.
On October 4th, I will engage in a discussion on “A View from both sides: Why Corruption Happens and How to Shut It Down,” where I will share my experiences and offer important lessons on identifying, mitigating and corruption risk. Learn the dangers of how policies and incentives can create conflicting messages to employees, and how to reconnect and re-engage with employees before a crisis hits.
Presented with Sgt. Pat Poitevin, senior investigator with the RCMP, I will explore both sides of these contentious issues, and offer a unique opportunity to answer questions in this special Q&A. Everyone, no matter the title or job function, will take something new away from this presentation. The full event site can be found here: https://shrtm.nu/uBza
On October 12th, 2017, at the 7th Oilfield Services Law Conference in Houston, Texas, I will conclude the day with a keynote presentation, Ethics: A Journey from the Dark-Side of International Business and What Business Lawyers Need to Know to Protect Their Organization Regarding Corruption and Ethics Risks. The full event site can be found here.
On Wednesday October 18th at 8:15 AM., I am pleased to give the keynote address at the CBI Life Sciences Compliance Congress West. My keynote panel, A Journey to the Dark Side of International Business and Steps to Protect Your Organization will address:
- Is your compliance program calibrated to the real-world behavioral risk, which front-line personnel face in their work?
- Does a risk based compliance program miss real-world risk?
- How can business leaders be inspired to become compliance champions?
The full event site can be found here.
On November 3rd 2017, at the SCCE Dallas Regional Compliance and Ethics Conference, I will have a ‘fireside chat’ with S. Joy Dowdle, Partner, Litigation Department Paul Hastings LLP on ‘A Journey to the Dark Side of International Business – Leveraging Front Line Experience to Protect Your Organization and Embed Compliance and Ethics.’ In our discusssion, we will address issues to:
- Ensuring your Compliance function understands the risks and pressures faced by the front-line business teams
- Recognizing the uid nature of corruption risk (and the pitfalls of overreliance on risk assessments and compliance audits)
- Vesting in deeds (v. words) – practical mechanisms for ensuring your business is bought into compliance efforts and inspiring them to be ambassadors for compliance and ethics
- Calibrating your compliance efforts to ‘what actually happens’ in the eld – especially in local cultures traditionally presenting compliance risks
I hope you will join us and the full event site can be found here.
On November 13th and 14th, 2017, I am looking forward to attending, and presenting, at Compliance Week Europe, the premier European conference for compliance, risk and ethics officers. On November 13th I will moderate a keynote panel, “How to Engage Business Leadership on Compliance Challenges,” with Cynthia Cetani, Head, Compliance Operations Excellence, Corporate Integrity & Compliance, Novartis International AG and Lucille Dolor, Head of Business Ethics and Governance, Spectris plc. The full event site can be found here.